No Image

Second life of Silesia Smelter

May 23, 2009 Katowice the City 0

At the begining of 19th century, in 1804 the prince Hohenlohe-Ingelfingen-Oehringen had started a development of ironworks called “Hohenlohe”. In the 70’s of 19th century, the ironworks was tranformed into a zinkworks named “Silesia” aftertime. The smelter was closed by the end of 20th century. Some of deteriorative buildings had been bought by Karol Geppert and were started to redevelop into offices.