Best Western, the world’s largest hotel chain established in 1946, will officially open its new investment in Katowice. It is the first hotel of the brand in the City and the fifth in Poland. The four star Best Western Premier Katowice is described as a modern business and conference facility. It is also marked as the Premier class thanks to higher standards of service and equipment.
The hotel operates since the beginning of August this year, thus the official opening will take place tomorrow. It is located at 1A Bytkowska St. in the renovated building of a former University of Silesia’s hotel raised in 1974. The fully refurbishment of the building took 18 months. The hotel offers 168 rooms on 11 floors. The payroll comprises about 50 people.
Best Western Premier Katowice is equipped with a conference area – two rooms of approximately 100 sq. meters each and two smaller chambers for private meetings. Hotel guests can also use a library and a free access wireless Internet in the building. A fitness center with sauna are accessible at the -1 level. The Best Berry restaurant and Lemon Bar are placed on the ground floor.
All hotels in the Best Western’s portfolio are managed independently and owned by private investors. The hotel in Katowice is managed by HS Consulting and owned by Havre Hotel Sp. z o.o. Each of the over 4 000 hotels of BW is different and all were designed in accordance with local trends and style. In Katowice, the rooms equipment e.g. furnitures were delivered by companies operating in the Silesian Voivodeship. The one common feature for all BW facilities across the world is the guests’ quality and service standards as well as sales&marketing programmes provided by Best Western.
The building’s design was prepared by PRC Architekci. The rooms interiors were designed by the Indo studio.