Attractiveness of investing in the Upper Silesian Metropolis and the economic reality and expectations of investors will be presented during the Silesia Business Hub conference by the Metropolitan Association of Upper Silesia (MAUS, Polish acronym: GZM). It will take place on 29th of May in the Angelo hotel.
Apart from MAUS as the hosted organization, the event will be attended by representatives of PwC, Immofinanz, Capgemini, Association of Business Sector Leaders (ABSL), Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency (PAIiIZ), Prologis and others.
Metropolitan Association of Upper Silesia is an union of fourteen adjacent cities located in the heart of the Silesia voivodeship. Its aim is to create a strong metropolitan center and unite the cities into one entity.
10.00 – 10.15
10.15 – 10.20
Welcome: Keynote speaker
10.20 – 10.30
Silesia Business Hub.
Opening speech: Dawid Kostempski, Chairman of the Board, Metropolitan Association of Upper Silesia
10.30 – 11.00
Balance sheet as at today, the forecast for tomorrow. Investment attractiveness of the Upper Silesian Metropolis.
Presentation/Analysis: Marcin Nowicki, Director, Regional and European Research Area, Gdańsk Institute for Market Economics
11.00 – 11.40
The vision of a common good. The investment policy of cities within the Upper Silesian Metropolitan Association. Today and Tomorrow.
– Dawid Kostempski, Chairman of the board, Upper Silesian Metropolis
– Prof. Iwona Sagan, Head, Department of Economic Geography at the University of Gdańsk
– Piotr Koj, Mayor of Bytom
– Heinz M. Pascher, Business adviser, Uniconsult
– Mirosław Odziemczyk, Plenipotentiary for cooperation with special economic zones, Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency
11.40 – 12.30
Success? It’s here! Location and other assets of the Upper Silesian Metropolis.
Presentation: Aleksandra Stelmach-Gryszka, Manager, PwC
– Aleksandra Stelmach-Gryszka, Manager, PwC
– Andrzej Dziuba, Mayor of Tychy
– Mike Musil, Board Member, KPE Metropolis
– Janusz Olesiński, Immofinanz
12.30 – 13.00
13.00 – 13.45
The faces of the Metropolis. The human potential in the region: specialization, demand and education.
Presentation and discussion:
– Maciej Pustół, Area manager, Adecco
– Marcin Nowak, Managing director, Operations Center, Capgemini Poland
13.45 – 14.15
Innovation in Silesia. Development opportunities for innovative companies in the Upper Silesian Metropolis.
Presentation: Luk Palmen, InnoCo
14.15 – 14.45
A study of success. Companies that have invested in the Upper Silesian Metropolis talk about their experiences.
– Isidre Peralta Pena, Managing Director, TMF Poland
– Jose Luis Villacampa Varea, Abogado, Senior Associate, Domański Zakrzewski Palinka
14.45 – 15.00
Summary and closing
– Dawid Kostempski, Chairman of the board, Metropolitan Association of Upper Silesia
– Jakub Porada, TVN 24