In the middle of February 2011, the City Hall of Katowice issued a tender for construction work of the International Convention Center (ICC). Opening of the bids took place last Friday. Twelve companies vie for the contract.
The ICC will be built near the “Spodek” sport and exhibition hall. Total costs of the investment are estimated at PLN 305 million. Half of the amount is to be financed by the European Union funds. The second half will be covered by the internal funds of the City Hall of Katowice and a bank loan. The International Convention Center will be able to host 8 000 visitors in a congress arrangement and 12 000 guests during concerts.
- List of companies which tender for the contract:
– ABM Solid SA (consortium leader)
– Alpine Construction Polska z Krakowa (consortium leader)
– Budimex SA
– Grupa 3J (consortium leader)
– Hochtief Polska SA
– Katowickie Przedsiębiorstwo Budownictwa Przemysłowego Budus SA (consortium leader)
– Mostostal Warszawa SA
– PBG SA (consortium leader)
– Polimex-Mostostal SA
– Unibep SA
– Warbud SA
Name of the prime contractor will be known in a few weeks after bidding evaluation.
Learn more about the project >>>